Single Case Pumps - Axially Split - Multistage - DMX
The type DMX is a horizontal split case, dual volute, heavy duty, high pressure multistage unit with opposed impellers in accordance with API 610 latest edition. It is available in various sizes and material combinations making it suitable for service on a wide range of process and industrial applications.... Read more Read less
Dual Volute Casing
- Dual volute casings are horizontally split and cast in two halves, each designed for the high pressure and externally applied nozzle loads which these pumps are subject to. Cap nuts, arranged on the top casing parting flange allow easy upper-half casing removal for rotor inspection and maintenance. Suction and discharge nozzles are integrally cast with the lower half casing, permitting disassembly of the pump without disturbing piping connections.
- The pump mounting feet are cast integral with the lower half casing and are incorporated into the flange design. This locates the feet close to the pump horizontal centreline so that unit alignment is maintained when operating at elevated temperatures.
- Stuffing boxes are cast integrally with the pump casing and are designed to accommodate various cartridge mechanical seals and packed box arrangements. A pump balance line returns high pressure pump leakage back to the pump suction nozzle after it is broken down across a throttling bushing, thus allowing both stuffing boxes to operate at pump suction pressure.
- Removable stuffing box gland covers are available to protect the exposed shaft area around the stuffing boxes and gland sumps from contaminants. They can also be sealed to collect and vent any hazardous vapours which may escape from the mechanical seals. Stuffing box bushings are utilized to isolate the sealing devices from the raw pumpage and back-pressure the flow of seal injection liquid, presenting the seals with an ideal environment for long seal life
Impellers are closed, radial flow design for optimum hydraulic performance and efficiency. Large eye, single suction or alternate double suction impellers are utilized depending on the NPSH available on a given application. Each dynamically balanced impeller is keyed to the shaft and mounted with a shrink fit against a fully retained split ring. The combination of shaft keys, interference shaft fit, and hydraulic force of each impeller in the direction of the impeller split ring ensures that each impeller is positively locked in position on the shaft
Rotors are assembled on large diameter shafts with minimal bearing spans to resist undue deflection, especially during operation at off peak conditions. Shafts are provided with incremental steps at each impeller fit to allow for easy and accurate rotor assembly
The DMX’s opposed impeller arrangement and dual volute design combine to produce pumps with low radial forces and optimum axial balance over a wide range of operating conditions, thereby maximizing expected bearing life. Bearings are available in ball radial/ball thrust, sleeve radial/ball thrust and sleeve radial/Kingsbury type thrust arrangements
Baseplates are reinforced welded steel drain type common to both pump and driver. Sub bases under the pump only or skid type non-grouted baseplates can also be provided
Couplings are the flexible spacer type selected to suit operating speed, horsepower and service requirements
Horizontally Split Channel Rings
Horizontally split channel rings and centre bushings allow the rotor to be easily assembled, inspection for wear and dynamically balanced.
- ISO 13709 / API 610
- Hydraulic Institute
- Customer Specification
- Flows from 20 m3/h (88 gpm) to 5400 m3/h (23775 gpm)
- Heads from 117 m (385 ft) to 2594 m (8512 ft)
- Pressures to 275 bar (4000 psi)
- Temperatures to 204°C (400°F)
Size Range: 3 to 18 inches
High Pressure DMX
Double Suction First Stage DMX
High Pressure DMXD
Hydraulic Turbine DMX
Hydraulic Turbine DMXD
Desalination HP Feed DMX