Nuclear Primary Pump Seals - N-Seals
The result of years of research, thousands of hours of rigorous testing and decades of primary pump application experience, the Flowserve N-Seal primary pump seal represents the nuclear industry’s most advanced mechanical seal technology. With each of three stages capable of sustaining 100% system pressure, the N-Seal has successfully provided proven service life and fail-safe redundancy in Flowserve Byron Jackson® primary coolant pumps for years.... Read more Read less
- Unique cartridge construction simplifies installation, enables more accurate seal setting, and keeps associated costs low.
- Triple redundant seal design mirrors existing seal system parameters.
- Each of the three stages can handle 100% of the system pressure.
- Hydrodynamic seal face technology outperforms hydrostatic designs with dramatically improved reliability and running periods.
- Three different seal face lift designs are available to ensure non-contacting faces over a broad operating range.
- Pressure is automatically redistributed to the remaining two stages in the event of a stage failure, allowing the plant to complete the fuel cycle. Interchangeability of stage components enables spare parts inventories and carrying costs to be reduced.
- Large axial travel capability maximizes operating life; sealing integrity maintained through all plant transient scenarios.
ASME Section III, Class I
- Discharge pressures to 170 bar (2500 psi)
- Temperatures to 300°C (580°F)
- Speeds to 1800 rpm
Size Range: 6" to 9.62" shaft size