Decoking System - Crosshead (Free Fall Arrestor)
The Crosshead and Free Fall Arrestor system guides and centers the rotary joint, drill stem and cutting tool assembly in the coke drum and provides personnel and equipment safety in the event of steel wire rope failure.
The Crosshead is designed to safely absorb all torque loads normally sustained from cutting operations. The Free Fall Arrestor ensures safe operation by preventing cutting assembly equipment from free falling in the event of suspension failure. No electric or pneumatic connections are required to activate the free fall arrestor system.
Standard latching mechanisms enable stowing of the crosshead when not in use, providing a safe and practical way to remove tension on the cable and winch.
Flowserve’s decoking system is fully integrated. Watch these videos to see our individual components.... Read more Read less
Crosshead and Free Fall Arrestor system
- Automatically disengages upon the restoration of required rope tension
- Includes cable gripping and rail gripping mechanisms as part of the standard scope of supply
- Latching mechanism must be charged electrically to disengage the interface lever from the travel rails to allow the crosshead to release. An air option is also available for moderate climates.
- 24-volt signal for latching operations
- Fail-safe mode is locked.
- Provides secondary safety lock to allow employees to work on a suspended load (cutting tool)
- Latch does not need to be energized to allow parking of the crosshead
API 8A and 8C
Crossheads are available in two designs:
- Shoe-type – Two rectangular shaped shoes which ride inside the structure’s beams
- Wheeled-type – Four wheel blocks with spring-loaded guides in two planes ride on a track attached to the structure’s beams.