“Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. It includes information that you have provided to us or that was collected by us from other sources. Examples of Personal Data can include a person’s name, date of birth, personal home address, home telephone number, work experience, location, biometric data (e.g., photographs and fingerprints), as well as configuration, statistics, analytics, diagnostics, relating to any equipment, etc.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES FLOWSERVE COLLECT?
Flowserve may collect the following categories of information about you:
1. If you use the Flowserve Applications, we may collect your device’s IP address, domain names used, the type of browser in use, the pages viewed, and similar analytics data regarding use of the Applications (e.g., collected from media optimization tools, analytics tags, and pixel activity trackers).
2. If we establish a business relationship with you, we collect account or transaction information as part of our business relationship with you.
3. If you seek employment with us through the Applications (including our online recruiting tools), we collect information from you in connection with your communications with us regarding employment opportunities, and in connection with your application for employment.
4. Otherwise, Personal Data is only collected on Flowserve Applications if you voluntarily choose to provide it. For example, if you fill out the “Contact Us” form, you may provide us with your name, email address, phone number, physical address, company, industry, and your interests and comments. If you contact us, we will typically keep a record of that correspondence.
Please note that certain of the information described above (e.g., details of your device’s use of the Applications), may not be Personal Data in certain instances.
WHY FLOWSERVE USES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
1. To conduct our business, including fulfilling your requests for products, services, and support.
2. To communicate with you regarding products and services for marketing purposes.
3. To contact you regarding our business or our relationship with you.
4. To provide customer service.
5. To conduct research and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
6. To maintain and improve our Applications, enhance your user experience, tailor the user experience, and to ensure content on the Applications is relevant.
7. To protect the security of the Applications, our systems, and you.
8. To comply with our legal obligations.
HOW FLOWSERVE PROTECTS THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Maintaining the security of your Personal Data is very important to Flowserve. We use reasonable technologies to keep your Personal Data secure, and we implement appropriate security measures, including appropriate technical and organizational measures, that are designed to protect against the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, misuse, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to your Personal Data.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED
Flowserve is a global company, and is headquartered in the United States with offices, affiliates, employees, representatives, partners, and service providers located around the world. As a result, Flowserve may transfer your Personal Data to, or otherwise process your Personal Data in, the United States and/or countries other than the country in which your Personal Data was collected or provided.
RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may provide your Personal Data to our employees, representatives, and affiliates, as well as our third-party partners and service providers. When providing your Personal Data to our employees, we limit access to those employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with or process your Personal Data to provide products, services, or support to you, to perform their jobs, or to otherwise assist us in pursuing our legitimate business interests.
Regarding our disclosure of your Personal Data to third parties:
1. We may disclose your Personal Data to our affiliate companies for marketing purposes, for legal and regulatory purposes, to manage business and other risks, to perform analytics, to ensure we have correct or up to date information about you (such as your current address), to review, develop, and improve our products and services, and to better manage our relationship with you.
2. If we are requested or required to disclose your Personal Data to third parties by law, regulation, a court of competent jurisdiction, or a governmental or law enforcement authority, we may do so.
3. We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties as necessary to prevent fraud or other illegal activity, such as attacks on Flowserve’s systems.
4. We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties as necessary for the preservation, establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims (against us, you, or a third party).
5. We do not sell your Personal Data to third parties, except in connection with the sale, merger, or divestment of all or a portion of any of Flowserve or its affiliates.
6. We take appropriate steps to keep your Personal Data confidential and disclose this information to third parties only if necessary for legitimate business purposes. We may make your Personal Data available to our distributors, sales representatives, service providers or other partners so that they may respond to your inquiries or provide you information about goods or services that we believe support your business needs.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Flowserve Applications may provide links or other directions to websites maintained and operated by Flowserve (collectively, the “Flowserve Websites”) or the websites of our distributors, sales representatives or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that they may have their own privacy policies, and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies or processing of your Personal Data. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices that third parties employ and encourage you to read their own privacy disclosures.
There are two kinds of cookies that Flowserve uses, both of which collect information about a user and his or her computer, including web-browsing behavior and user preferences.
1. Session Cookies. Also called transient cookies. Session cookies are stored in temporary memory and are erased when you close your web browser.
2. Permanent Cookies. Also called persistent cookies or stored cookies. Permanent cookies are stored on your computer's hard drive until they expire or until you delete them from your computer.
1. Past website and literature page visit information to provide a customized experience and to recommend literature and/or products;
2. First name, last name, country, address, title, company, industry and other information submitted via forms to assist in auto-populating other site areas;
3. If you have already received, viewed, or interacted with certain pop-ups, banners, or other content on the Flowserve Websites; and
At this time, the Flowserve Websites are not configured to honor browsers' “Do Not Track” signals.
You can delete cookies that are already on your computer, and you can set many browsers to block cookies and prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have a sub-optimal browsing experience, you may have to manually adjust some preferences or setting every time you visit the Flowserve Websites, and some services and functionalities of the Flowserve Websites may not work as intended. For more information, see aboutcookies.org. For information about certain cookies used for advertising by third parties, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise certain choices you may have regarding such cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Digital Advertising Alliance-Canada, Network Advertising Initiative, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other communication from Flowserve, please follow the unsubscribe link in the applicable marketing communications.
Additional Terms for EU Residents
THE LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with applicable law, we base our processing (collecting, storing, using, transferring, etc.) of your Personal Data on an appropriate legal basis. Each category of your Personal Data is processed under an appropriate legal basis, but not all categories of your Personal Data are necessarily processed under the same legal basis. The legal bases that could apply to our processing of your Personal Data are:
1. Our Legitimate Interests - we process your Personal Data as necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, which include protecting the security of the Applications, our systems, and of you; detecting and preventing fraud and other illegal activity; protecting and defending the rights or property of others, or our own rights and interests; maintaining and enhancing the user experience; marketing products and services; and providing you with products, services, support, and information you request;
2. Performance of a Contract with You - we process your Personal Data, as necessary, to perform our obligations, or to enter into, a contract with you, including, for example, processing of your Personal Data to provide products and services, to maintain and diagnose products and services, to provide warranty services, to investigate defects or other issues with products and services, to answer questions and requests from you, to provide customer support to you, and to manage our business relationship with you;
3. Compliance with Legal Obligations - we process your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, including compliance with applicable laws and regulations, court orders, and legal process; and
4. Your Consent - we may process your Personal Data subject to your consent for one or more specific purposes.
Most of our processing of your Personal Data is under a legal basis other than your consent. In relation to direct marketing, to the extend required by law we will obtain your consent before using your Personal Data for this purpose.
HOW WE CONDUCT CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Flowserve may transfer your Personal Data across borders to Flowserve and our representatives, affiliates, third party partners and service providers in the United States and other countries where we do business. These countries may have different standards of data protection than your home country. In the event of a cross-border transfer of your Personal Data, if the country to which we transfer your Personal Data is not a recipient of an adequacy decision from the European Commission, and if the transfer is not made under a derogation that does not require additional suitable protections (e.g., the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with you or of a contract concluded in your interest, or the transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims), then we provide appropriate or suitable safeguards for such cross-border transfers as required by law, which may include EU standard contractual clauses (also known as model clauses), the applicable Privacy Shield Framework, or binding corporate rules.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
Flowserve does not use automated decision-making, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or that similarly significantly affects you. We also do not use automated decision-making, including profiling, based on any of your special categories of Personal Data.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Flowserve retains your Personal Data only for as long as is reasonably necessary to accomplish the purposes for which it was collected, and as permitted by applicable law. We may retain backups and archives that may include your Personal Data as long as reasonably necessary to comply with applicable law.
SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA
Flowserve will not, other than in exceptional circumstances, collect and process any special categories of your Personal Data.
With regard to certain of your Personal Data, you may have the right under applicable law to:
1. Request that we erase or rectify of your Personal Data (e.g., update or correct your Personal Data);
2. Request from us access to your Personal Data;
3. Request that we restrict our processing of your Personal Data;
4. Object to our processing of your Personal Data;
5. Data portability (the right to receive from us your Personal Data);
6. Have us verify the origin of your Personal Data; and/or
7. Withdraw consent to the processing of your Personal Data (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal) by contacting us at [email protected]. Please note, however, that we may retain your Personal Data as required or permitted by applicable law.
You may also have a right under applicable law to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.