Isobaric Technology - DWEER
The Calder DWEER work exchanger is the most efficient energy recovery device (ERD) ever developed. It can recover up to 98% of the energy in the brine waste stream, which is then used to pressurize raw water and reduce the energy input for the high-pressure feed pumps up to 60%. With the DWEER, the high-pressure pump does not have to be connected to the energy recovery device. This permits the use of fewer, but larger, more efficient pumps.... Read more Read less
- The most efficient energy recovery technology available today.
- No other technology achieves higher efficiency or lower plant operating costs.
- Its unmatched operational flexibility, specifically its wide operating range and tolerance of foreign objects, translates into extremely high availability and reliability.
- Wide operating range enables plants to easily accommodate normal fluctuations in demand.
- LinX™ valve offers precise control of the energy transfer mechanism as well as the operating speed of the system.
- Materials and clearances can pass objects up to 30 microns without incurring damage, so special flushing procedures, strainers or filtration systems are not needed.
- Quiet operation – less than 83 decibels – means noise hoods or enclosures are not needed.
- Its installation versatility, basic header requirements and lack of extra equipment such as noise enclosures, strainers and filters greatly simplify plant construction.
- Extremely low maintenance costs, high availability and 25-year service life contribute to low total cost of ownership.
- Brine flows to 350 m3/h (1.4 mgd); greater flows can be achieved by placing multiple DWEER units in parallel
- Pressures to 75 bar (1090 ft)
Size Range: 160 m3/h - 350 m3/h