Pump Supplier to the Solar Thermal Power Industry
With its vast experience in power generation, unmatched pumping technology and technical know-how, Flowserve is the trusted choice for renewable energy services such as solar thermal power generation.
No other pump company in the world has the depth or breadth of expertise in the successful application of pre-engineered, engineered and special purpose pumps and systems for all concentrated solar power services.
- HTF (Heat Transfer) — HTF pumps for large acre tracts of mirrored receivers. Flowserve's HDX is one of many pump solutions for this high-temperature application.
- Molten Salt Pumps — High-temperature molten salt applications in both solar tower and parabolic concentrated solar power (CSP) plant designs. Flowserve's proven VTP and cantilever pump designs offer molten salt solutions based on years of proven service.
- Boiler Feed Water Services — Boiler feed service is extremely demanding and boiler feed pumps are among the most critical pieces of rotating equipment in the steam cycle. Flowserve has repeatedly proven that it builds the highest quality, most reliable boiler pumps available. Flowserve offers radially and axial split multistage pumps with single- or double-suction, first-stage impellers.
- Circulating Water Services — Flowserve offers both vertical and horizontal circulating pumps in a wide range of configurations, hydraulics and materials to meet any application requirement. Pullout and non-pullout construction is available on vertical pump models.
- Condensate Water Services — Flowserve has a long and proven performance record for this critical service. Its versatile line of condensate pumps offers unsurpassed hydraulic coverage and a broad range of options to address system requirements. Both single- and double-suction, first-stage impeller, vertically suspended pump designs are available.
- Auxiliary Services — Flowserve offers an extensive line of pumps, including ANSI, ISO and API designs. They are available in a wide variety of metallic and non-metallic materials and in many design and hydraulic configurations to satisfy virtually all plant-wide pumping needs.
Download the Concentrated Solar Power Pumps brochure for more details.
Innovative Life Cycle Cost Programs
New Pump Selection
Flowserve provides front-end consulting services that balance initial procurement costs with longer-term operational concerns including equipment reliability and energy consumption. Proper upfront selection of a high-efficiency, high-energy pump can literally save millions of dollars in operating costs over the life of the system.
Turnkey Engineering and Field Service
Flowserve offers turnkey engineering capabilities to streamline capital expenses related to piping design, foundation engineering, electrical systems and instrumentation. Flowserve technicians can offer installation and commissioning solutions that significantly reduce installation time such as advanced laser alignment and ungrouted foundation solutions.
Pumping systems can comprise between 20% and 50% of energy usage in typical industrial plants and as much as 95% in pipeline systems. On behalf of its customers, Flowserve actively pursues hydraulic re-rates, pump upgrades and system enhancements that offer energy savings between 30% and 50% of existing levels. A typical improvement program may involve field assessments, analytical modeling and investment recommendations.
Flowserve engineers and technicians have been specially trained to help customers analyze, diagnose and solve those issues that cause problematic pump breakdowns and unscheduled outages. Engineers are equipped to collect real-time data, review performance problems, analyze data and make recommen-dations that result in improved pump system availability and higher profits.
Flowserve technicians are trained to provide services that go beyond simple reactive maintenance and repair. By analyzing failure modes, Flowserve can offer design improvements ranging from materials and coatings upgrades to hydraulic re-rates – all aimed at increasing pump reliability.
Programs that help standardize materials, maximize interchangeability and increase part and assembly availability can significantly impact costs associated with spare parts inventory. Asset management experts from Flowserve can offer customized programs that reduce inventory levels while ensuring availability of critical parts.
Supplier of Choice to the Power Industry
Throughout its history, Flowserve has been closely identified with power generation. From the 1840 introduction of the first direct acting steam pump to the installation of the world's largest boiler feed pump at 52 200 kW (70 000 hp), Flowserve has pioneered virtually every significant advancement in pumping technology for the power generation industry.